ajasthan is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India, for both domestic and international tourists.
Rajasthan attracts tourists for its historical forts, palaces, art and culture. Every third foreign tourist visiting India also travels to Rajasthan as it is part of the Golden Triangle for tourists visiting India.
Rajasthan is known for its palaces, it claimed as best place for tourism related to palaces. Following are some of major palaces in Rajasthan.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace: It is the largest Royal Palace in Rajasthan and considered as one of largest private residence in the world.
- Lake Palace: It is now a luxury hotel located in Pichola Lake, Udaipur.
- Hawa Mahal: It is known as “Palace of Wind” or “Palace of Breeze” because there are more than 950 Windows in the Palace.
- Rambagh Palace: Formerly a Royal Palace now converted into a Heritage Hotel, known as one of best Heritage Hotel in the World.
- Devi Garh Palace: Formerly a palace now converted into Heritage Hotel, In 2006, The New York Times named it as one if leading luxurious hotel in Indian subcontinent.
Endowed with natural beauty and a great history, Rajasthan has a flourishing tourism industry. The palaces of Jaipur, lakes of Udaipur, and desert forts of Jodhpur, Bikaner & Jaisalmer are among the most preferred destinations of many tourists, Indian and foreign.